8/8/16 - Medicine Bow National Forest, WY

After breakfast this morning, Penni and I went to wash the dishes in the nearby stream.  She found some rocks to sit on but I found a place a little flatter and closer to the stream.  I didn’t trust myself to not fall in.  She almost lost her balance while getting back up. We had a good laugh.  

 Around lunch time Rush wanted to go to a picnic area to eat and then do a little hiking.  We drove to Mirror Lake and then took the hike to Lookout Lake.  We continued down the road through Medicine Bow National Forest and stopped at the Miner’s Cabin Trail and Libby Flats Observation Tower.  Penni and I walked the trail to the Miner’s Cabin while Rush and Jim waited on us.  At the lookout tower I finally had a cell signal and called by brother and Martha.  Jim called his doctor to get a prescription refilled.  Rush is the only one at camp who gets a cell signal.  At night we had another nice campfire.  We have been to this area before in 2009.  I found out on 8/9/16 that my great niece had her baby today -- Colt Ryon McCrary.














No comments:

Post a Comment