9/10/16 - Uncompaghre National Forest, Matterhorn Campground, Telluride, CO

This morning we found out that we have a mouse in the Casita.  It got into some of our food.  I cleaned the pantry out and threw away a lot of food.  I needed another roll of paper towels and I got into the space under my seat.  When I did, I saw that the mouse had been in there also and had shredded two rolls of toilet paper and was building a nest in a plastic bag where I had some paper egg cartons stored.  I was going to use them to make fire starters when we got home.  So I had to pull everything out and clean and sanitize in there also.  All pots and pans and everything had to be washed.  We finally left camp and went into Telluride to hike Bridal Veil Falls. On the way we saw a herd of Elk.  This was a strenuous hike up a 4 wheel drive road that will take you over the mountain to Silverton.  Lots of people were walking, a few were riding bicycles and most of the people were riding in vehicles up to it.  I had 11,000 steps by the time we got through.  Jim and I went to Ace Hardware and bought four mousetraps and then went to Smugglers Brewery for a beer.  We got back in time to sit outside and enjoy the sun this evening.  We played a game of Phase 10.  After dinner, Jim worked on the blog pictures.  He set two of the mousetraps and a little after 9 pm he got one.  Then he reset them.  In all we caught 5 mice in a period of 30 minutes.  We left the traps set overnight but didn't catch any more.















No comments:

Post a Comment