8/29/16 - Rosy Lane Campground, Gunnison National Forest, CO

This morning there were a few mule deer in camp.  We went into town today and went to the rec center to take showers.  They were doing a once a year deep cleaning and the whole place was shut down except the family restroom/shower.  There were a couple of people in line to use it so we went back later.  In the meantime we went to a couple of antique/resale stores and the hardware store.  My walking stick needed a new rubber end piece.  Wanda did laundry and Jerry washed his truck because it was really dirty from going to hike and the trip to Mirror Lake and Tincup yesterday.  I called to talk to my Aunt Wanda who is in the hospital in the Woodlands.  We went to Walmart and City Market before returning to camp.  In the evening Jim and I walked around the campground to get our 10,000 steps.  Jim was taking a picture of the river while I sat on a couple of big rocks at the river side.  While I was sitting there a mink ran under my legs and between the rocks.  He was moving too fast to get a picture.  We sat at the fire again tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment